What we do
Buildings also need to be resilient to climate change and sustainable. Our building physics service is geared to reducing energy consumption and material use while promoting the use of sustainable materials and a circular economy.
We ensure future-proof building design through this people centric and sustainable approach, as well as the unique combination of our building physics and technical installation knowledge.
Aspects on which we advise are
- Fire safety
- Urban planning physics including solation, shading, reflections, wind disturbance.
- Thermal and hygric aspects of the building envelope
- Indoor climate and air quality
- Visual comfort from daylight, artificial light through to lighting design
- Acoustics covering ambient noise, internal air and contact sound insulation, room acoustics.
- Energy advice at local level including sustainable alternatives to district heating.
- Energy advice at building level such as energy efficiency and sustainable energy generation.
- Certification of buildings with BREEAM, LEED and WELL
Our advanced calculations and simulations are supported by CFD simulations, dynamic energy calculations and solar simulations.