What we do
Deerns OR Digital Twin is specifically designed for surgery rooms (ORs). The operating room combines BIM (Building Information Modelling) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), thereby reducing postoperative wound infections (POWIs)
How does the OR Digital Twin work?
The OR Digital Twin integrates real-time measured data from the physical OR , such as movements of people, equipment influences, and pollution, into a virtual model. CFD software simulates the impact of this data on air currents and to ensure values kept at safe limits to protect open wounds during surgery. When airflow values exceed the limit medical staff are alerted on a display screen and can then make necessary adjustments.
Advantages of a Digital Twin
The OR Digital Twin offers multiple benefits, such as:
- Minimizing the risk of POWIs during surgery through real-time monitoring
- Improving the process by conducting data analysis and simulations based on different input
- variables, allowing for comparison of different methods
- Optimizing the design and layout of operating rooms
- Enhancing the postoperative score and reputation of the hospital